My job in Korea offered me endless opportunities to travel not only around the Korean peninsula but to some more exotic places such as Bali, Ko Samui, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Philippines, and Japan during winter and summer vacations. Many of these destinations I ventured to alone and I had incredible opportunities to explore local cultures and enjoy it at my own pace.
One of my best memories abroad was when I took a Balinese cooking class in Ubud and went shopping with the chef for all the local ingredients. Along with a friendly group from France we prepared all the ingredients into a delectable five course meal. I will never forget that meal.
Asia is where I left my heart.
Working on a cruise ship the past three years has afforded me the opportunity to sail across the Pacific Ocean starting in Honolulu and arriving in Sydney, Australia visiting French Polynesia, Vanautu, Fiji, and New Caledonia along the way.
The places that I have been to and the people whom I have met along my journey have encouraged me to continue traveling and take every opportunity to have new experiences. The more that I travel the more motivated I feel to learn more about the world, ask questions, try new foods, and have genuine experiences in new places. The world is much smaller that we really think and my travels mean everything to me. I hope that you feel a spring in your step to get in the direction of where you want to be if that includes travel 🙂
- SOUTH AFRICA
- CHINA (Hong Kong & Macau)
- INDONESIA (Bali)
- JAPAN (Tsushima, Kyoto, Osaka)
- SOUTH KOREA (Everywhere!)
- THAILAND (Bangkok, Ko Samui, Ko Tao)
- VIETNAM (Hoi An & Da Nang)
- CAYMAN ISLANDS
- COSTA RICA (Veragua Rainforest)
- PUERTO RICO
- ST. KITTS
- ST. LUCIA
- ST. MAARTEN
- ST. THOMAS
- NORTHERN IRELAND (Belfast)
- NORWAY (Stavenger, Geiranger, Bergen, Flam)
- RUSSIA (St. Petersburg)
- SPAIN (Ibiza)
- CANADA (Vancouver)
- MEXICO (Ensenada, Cozumel, Cancun)
- UNITED STATES
- AUSTRALIA (Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Adelaide)
- NEW CALEDONIA (Noumea, Lifou Island, Isle of Pines)
- FRENCH POLYNESIA (Tahiti& Bora Bora)
- VANUATU (Port Vila, Mystery Island, Champagne Bay)
- COLOMBIA( Cartegena)